What are you aiming to achieve in 2018?
I would like to take a minute to be truly grateful for what this year has brought. It’s nice to pause and count my many blessings – having said that ‘live life for what tomorrow has to offer; and not what yesterday has taken away.’
As we are in our final week some of you are thinking about New Year resolutions and this blog post may help you out with that.
Life is a journey and becoming better every day should be the goal, so here are few ways to do that.
- “Compliment yourself – Every morning before you go on with your daily routines, take a couple of minutes to give yourself a compliment whether you compliment your outfit, haircut, or how you recently completed a task using your unique skill sets.
- Don’t make excuses – and focus on self improvement instead. Don’t be critical of others but focus on you – own your mistakes and learn from them.
- Be helpful- Whether giving up your seat to an elderly person on the transit, assisting a co-worker on a project, or carrying in the groceries when your spouse comes back from the store, being helpful is one of the easiest and most effective ways to practice becoming a better person.” (Source: A post on Instagram)
To add to the list:
- Be Kind
- Count your blessings -write it on a piece of paper and be grateful for at least 3 things each day
- Surround yourself with people that brings out the best in you – and people who uplifts you & helps you grow
- Be active – Keep moving and eat well (what I am struggling right now – It’s hard to be active in winter)
- Last but not least, make your mental well being your number one priority.