Today’s blog is inspired by an online article, and I couldn’t agree more with the author.
What does being successful mean to you? The traits of extremely successful people don’t just happen by accident; they originate in habits and with practice and time it only gets better. I think making a small change is the key, and it is important to start with the basics.
What successful people DON’T do
- They don’t wait for an opportunity to come by and they certainly don’t wait for the right time to pursue an opportunity. Simply put: Take action and just do it. You might surprise yourself with the results.
- They don’t multi-task during meetings. If you want to get the most out of your meeting then stay in that moment and take charge- avoid distractions at any cost.
- They don’t gossip. They set boundaries and they are good at knowing when not to cross their limits.
- They don’t use their phone while talking to you. It is not just unprofessional but rude as well; You are giving out an impression that they are not as important.
- They don’t live in the past. They may use the past as a way to learn and grow, but certainly not live in it.
- They don’t say YES when they mean NO.
- They don’t let small distractions get to them, such as something as small as an email or a phone notification. When you are focusing then don’t let anything to distract you unless you are ready for that distraction.
Do you agree? And what would you add to the list? Let me hear your thoughts.
Click the link below for more read on the traits of successful people