“There’s something good in every day” – A mantra I believe in.
I have written this post on a different social platform, and here it is again.
What is it like to be in the right state of mind? Does it mean surrounding ourselves with positive people and having a positive outlook on life?
Recently I read an article about ‘the secret of getting into a right frame of mind.’
According to the article, the right state of mind is defined as being prepared and believing in our success.
Having a positive mind-set is not just about having pleasant thoughts, but preparing ourselves for whatever it is we want to achieve.
It takes practice, hard work and dedication.
While having a positive attitude is good, it is not enough.
Ultimately it’s our actions that influence our brain.
As the saying goes…
“When you are prepared you are confident, and when you are confident you know you will succeed.”
And as Henry Ford said…
“Whether you believe you can or you can’t, you’re right.”
Often we harm ourselves with negative self-talk that holds us back.
We don’t take risks, we feel inadequate, we choose not to be vulnerable, and so that we end up creating these barriers and limit ourselves from all the possibilities out there.
We choose in-action over action.
That can be changed from a simple mindset shift from ‘What I Can’t Do’ to ‘What I Can Do.’
There are also some simple actions we can take to bring more positivity into our lives…
- Always smile – Smiling is a source of positive energy not just to us, but to those around us
- Be Active – Find an activity that you actually enjoy and make it part of your life. It can be as simple as going for a walk or dancing in your living room!!
- Learn Something Daily – Pick up a hobby and learn a new skill. Choose a subject that will help you excel and study it. Learning boosts our self-confidence
- Give – Be kind and generous – it’s one of the best feelings in the world!!
- Be Mindful – Practice self-awareness and live in the present moment. It’s impossible to get upset about the past or worry about the future when you’re ‘in’ the present
- Connect – A simple ‘hello’ to a stranger or a phone call to a friend can boost our positivity
- Reframe Failure – See failure as a way to learn and grow.
- Focus on Gratitude – Take a moment each day to focus on the things you are grateful for. This will make you more aware of the positive things around you.
Please find the blog link below:
Lastly, what do you do for staying positive?